If you do not find answer to your question please contact us here.
Where can I get iKort?
You can have iKort instant issue packs right away at our office, Skipholt 25, 105 Reykjavik or at next Post office branch around Iceland. Click here to se where you can find next Post Office. You can also apply for a card online at www.ikort.is, there you can apply both for unpersonalized or personalized card. It takes about 10 working days to get personalized card (with your name).
How much does iKort cost?
Unpersonalized iKort costs ISK 1.795 and personalized iKort costs ISK 1.985. Monthly fee is ISK 725. With each iKort comes a booklet where you can find useful information, business terms and prices. Please read the price list.
Are there different versions of iKort?
You can receive two versions of the iKort. The usability is the same.
Unpersonalized iKort (iKort without a name)
You receive the iKort immediately, send a text message or visit your site at www.ikort.is and get your PIN number delivered at once. You load the iKort and it is ready for use.
Personalized iKort (iKort with your name)
You order the card at www.ikort.is or visit our office and we order the card from London. It takes about 10 working days to produce the iKort which is then sent to you by mail.
Where do I get the PIN number?
It is easy to get the PIN numer. You send text message (SMS) and write PIN (space) last 8 digits in the card number, e.g. if the card number is 5295 6401 1234 0000, you send SMS to 611-2000 with the message: PIN 12340000
As soon as we get the message the card will be activated and you will receive SMS with the PIN number. Please make sure noone else gets your PIN number.
Is the card debit og kretit card?
iKort is not debitcard and not kreditcard. iKort is reloadable international e-money card issued by a financial institution. Each time the card is used, the value of the purchase is deducted from the funds available on the card. The card does not offer credit. In essence, you need to load funds on to your card before you can use those funds.
How can I use the iKort?
iKort can be used e.g.:
- Get your wages to your card
- To manage payments for travel expenses, subsistence, etc.
- To carry travel money on a card for safe and secure use abroad
- To share money with friends and family
- To make or receive insurance claim payouts
- To use safely and securely on Gaming sites and make and receive winnings payouts
- Online Shopping 24/7, 365 days of the ye.
iKort can be used anywhere you see the MasterCard Acceptance Mark.
How do Prepaid Cards work?
iKort operate on the standard MasterCard networks. iKort can be used like any credit or debit card. The prepaid value loaded on the card can be used by cardholders at participating retail merchant locations for purchases and ATM‘s worldwide for withdrawals. Funds will be immediately debited from the cardholders balance upon authorisation of any transaction. Purchases or cash withdrawals are deducted from the balance until the loaded value is spent. The card can be loaded overn and over again. A full transaction history can be viewed via an online account management facility and using mobile phone.
How can I load the card?
- In online bank
- Card to Card transfer with SMS.
- At iKort‘s headquarters, Skipholt 25, Reykjavik.
- At Post Office Branches around Iceland.
- In a bank
Can I access card transaction?
Yes iKort provides each of its clients with access to real-time comprehensive information on their program. This information enables our clients to actively monitor the status of their card program and utilise the information to follow consumer trends for their own marketing and promotins campaigns.
When applying for iKort, are customers required to sign an agreement or accept any terms and conditions?
Upon application all applicants must read and accept the terms and contitions of the card program. These terms and conditions are approved by the issuing bank.
Click here to view terms and conditions.
What process do cardholders follow once they receive their iKort?
Upon recept of iKort, cardholders must sign the back of the card in the box highlighted „authorised signature“ and then activate their card as per the istructions provided in the weicome pack. Cards must be activated through a website before cardholders can access their funds or load fundst onto their card.
Can iKort be re-loaded with additional funds?
Yes, iKort can be topped up to the maximum balance available on the cardholder‘s card. Depending upon our client‘s requirements. Cardholders can re-load (top up) their cards by SMS, telephone, at online bank, at our office, Skipholt 25, Reykjavik, at a bank or at Post Office.
How long does it take for topped up funds to be available on the card?
When iKort is loaded at online bank the funds will be available on the card immediately, except when card is loaded after 21:00. When loaded aftier 21:00 the funds will be available on the card the next day. When loaded at Post Office the funds will be available within a few minutes.
Do I have to use PIN number?
Yes. You get your PIN number when you activate your card. The iKort can be used at ATM‘s and point-of-sale (POS) locations worldwide.
Is there a limit as to how many iKort customers can have?
Yes. This depends on the program definitions agreed with our clients.
How can I check my balance?
Cardholders can check their transactions and account balance 24/7 – 365 days of the year through our internet account management system, at www.ikort.is, or via SMS
Where can cardholders use their iKort abroad?
Cardholders can use their cards to make purchases of products, goods and services at any location that accepts MasterCard. iKort is accepted at over 25 million locations and over 1 million ATM locations worldwide. In addition, cardholders can use their cards online wherever the MasterCard acceptance mark is displayed.
What happens when a cardholder‘s iKort expires?
iKort is valit for up to 48 months. Upon expiration, cardholders cards will no longer be available for any use. Clients can select to automatically send cardholders a replacement card with all available balance on their new card or the cardholder can request a payment of the remaining balance on the card and close the account.
What happens if a card is lost?
Cardholders are required to contact our office and request a new card. The cardholder‘s card will then be cancelled and a replacement card will be sent to them subject to a replacement fee stated in the terms and conditions.
Will cardholders earn interest on the balance of their iKort account?
No, cardholders will not earn any interest on the balance of funds loaded onto their cards or incur any interest on their spending.
What are the fees for using an iKort?
All fees can be viewed on our terms and conditions.
Do cardholders require a good credit rating in order to apply for a card?
No. The iKort is not a credit card. Neither is linked to your bank account. Hence, no credit checks are required.
Not satisfied with our service?
We try to do anything we can to serve our customers well. If your are not satisfied with the service you get we advice you to contact our office. Our goal is to offer good service. Your complaint will be answered in written within five work days. We will do what we can to solve the problem. If we can not assist our service manager will contact you within 14 weed days. You can send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Text message commands
You can send text message commands in telephone number (+354) 611 2000:
- Get your PIN: Type PIN space and the last 8 digits of the card number.
E.g.: PIN 00123412
- Card-to-Card transfer by using the receivers card number. Click DEILA (last 4 digits in your card number) (Receivers card number) (Amount) E.g: 1234 00447974171234 1000
- Check your iKort balance: If you want to access information about the balance on your iKort type STADA and the last 4 digits of the card number. E.g: STADA 1234
- Block the iKort: Type LOKA (Last 4 digits in the cardnumber).
E.g: LOKA 1234
- Reopen the iKort: Type OPNA (Last 4 digits of the card number).
E.g.: OPNA 1234
- To get Help: Type HJALP and you will receive help.
I am having trouble loading the card in online bank
- The reason could be that you hava reached the yearly load limit (ISK 420.000). If that is the case you need to upgrade your card.
- The reason could also be that you have loaded your card three times today. It is only possible to load iKort upto three times a day.
- You could also have typed in wrong information.
- Cat should always be 31
- Type the last 12 digits in the card number in Reference number
- Type any number in Slip/Coupon number, e.g. 1234567
- Of Ledger is 070126
- Account number is 13014
- Type in the amount you would like to load to the card and press continue to finish.
- In some online banks it is also possible to load iKort by clicking „Pay towards credit card / Deposti to credit card“. There you type all 16 digits of the card number and iKort‘s social security number 610213-0140
I have forgotten my password
- You type in your user name
- Click on forgotten password
- Answer the security question
- You will receive an e-mail with a link to select new password
- Password has to be at least 6 digits and has to have at least one capital letter, one small letter and one number.
How can I get payments from foreign bank to my iKort?
- IBAN IS090701153900276102130140
- Swift MPBAISRE
- MP banki hf
- Ármúli 13a
- 108 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Type your card number in „beneficiary owner“
Can I always be sure that the balance on my card is correct?
Yes. The chip in the card always has correct balance. You can check the balance at www.ikort.is or with SMS.
Can I have more than one card at a time?
Yes, it is possible to have up to four cards registered with the same mobile phone number.